How do computers work?
What is Windows (Windows)?
Windows is a "graphical interface operating system" developed by Microsoft Corporation, a general IT company.
This operating system is used in various devices
For example, Microsoft's Windows OS is used on computers, laptops or smartphones.
Microsoft builds many of the experimental, popular and most widely used operating systems.
Because of the awesome and high quality graphical display and all, this OS has become the favorite of people nowadays.
In fact, Microsoft Windows was the first operating system to use graphical displays.
However, this advanced and intuitive operating system must first work using the command line of MS-Dos OS.
Microsoft Windows is so structured and popular that this OS is very easy to use.
When we install Windows OS in a computer device,
Then the device becomes useful for common people.
Because, after installing Windows, you can do various things in your computer device.
For example, using various applications, storing files, playing games, watching videos and movies, using the Internet, etc.
Microsoft introduced the first version of Test with version 1.0 on November 10, 1983.
But since then, improved and updated versions of the experiment have been released.
Currently, Microsoft Windows 10 is the newest version.
Windows operating system is the most widely used office and personal computer (PC) system.
So you understand, "What is a window"?
“Windows” is a GUI-based operating system.
Ways to keep computer fast
Why was Windows named?
Now you may ask that, "Why was an operating system named Windows"?
But the answer is very simple,
Earlier operating systems had a command line-styled interface where the computer could be instructed using separate command lines.
However, Microsoft Windows was a modern GUI-bassed OS where each different content, file or software is opened in different windows of the screen.
Meaning, if you open an application, it will open in a separate windows screen,
And if you open another application or media file at the same time, it will also open in a separate window screen.
Hence, this operating system was named “Windows“.
And, as a result of the convenience of opening between these separate windows screens of the Windows operating system,
Multitasking between computer devices has become much easier.
What is the operating system?
I have already told you about what is operating system.
However, since Microsoft Windows is an operating system (OS),
So first you need to understand what OS is.
Operating system can also be called as system software.
Its main function is to manage computer hardware, software resources etc. and help computer programs to work.
An operating system is essential for any type of computer device.
Again, an operating system is a computer system that acts as a medium to establish a connection between the user and the computer.
We all know that computer is a machine and computer cannot understand instructions given in our language.
So, in this case, the task of the operating system is to correctly understand the instructions given by the user to the computer.
It is through an OS that the computer understands the commands given by each user and provides the output accordingly.
Simply put, without an operating system users cannot use it.
What is the history of computers?
What is the work of Microsoft Windows?
What is the function of Windows?, the answer can be said that,
Windows does all the things that an operating system does.
• Managing computer hardware, software resources etc.
• Creating an easy environment for the user to use the computer.
• Helping computer programs to work.
• Establishing connection between user and computer.
• To explain the instructions given by the user to the computer in its language.
• Controlling peripheral devices.
• File management, memory management, process management etc.
What are the features of Windows operating system?
There's a lot to be said for Windows features.
Today most people are using Microsoft Windows OS on their PCs (personal computers).
And so, there must be a reason why it is so popular.
1. You can work faster in Windows OS. Multitasking, application, file management etc can be done smoothly. However, how fast the OS will work depends a lot on your computer's hardware configuration.
2. You will find any kind of different softwares and applications for Windows on the internet. Moreover, the software compatibility is very good for Windows operating system.
3. You don't need heavy hardware configuration to run Windows OS on your computer. You can use Windows 7 to operate very smoothly on computer systems with 4GB RAM memory. Moreover, Windows 10 runs well on most lower hardware computer systems.
4. When it comes to looks and design, I prefer any version of Windows. Windows 7, 8 or 10 every Windows version has modern and attractive looks and design.
5. Windows OS looks very clean and organized.
6. You don't have to worry about virus and security, because with Windows 10 we are given essential Windows security options and Windows defender antivirus protection.
7. Official updates are automatically downloaded and installed regularly, as a result of which new features, functions and security options are automatically added.
What are the types of Windows?
Any operating system can be divided into different types.
However, basically Windows operating systems are divided into 2 special parts.
• Single User OS
• Multiple User OS
Let's take a closer look at these two types of Windows.
1. Single user Windows OS
In case of single user OS only one person can use the computer at a time.
Most people currently use this type of OS on their PCs/laptops at home or in the office.
2. Multiple user Windows OS
This type of OS allows one or more people to work on the same computer at a time.
Multi user operating systems are mainly used in large companies.
In this case, different computers can be connected through a network and work within one OS.
What is CPU?
History of Windows – (History of Windows)
When we talk about the history of Microsoft Windows, you will definitely know about the different versions of Windows.
Because, the original history of Windows starts from its very first Windows version.
Microsoft Windows was announced on November 10, 1983 by Bill Gates.
But before that, MS-DOS OS was launched by Microsoft in 1881.
After that, Windows 1.0 version was announced in November 1985.
Windows was initially split into two separate components by Microsoft.
One is “MS-DOS family” and another is “Windows NT“.
After Windows 1.0, various new versions were introduced from time to time.
It was the first version of Windows that was launched in November 1995.
Many types of basic tools and functions were provided here like calender, calculator, MS paint etc.
This OS version originally worked on MS-DOS.
Released in 1987, Windows version 1.0 was slightly improved and modern.
Here the user could minimize and maximize any windows screen.
This OS version was originally brought to the Intel 286 processor.
Besides, the main point of this version is that it supports video graphics array (VGA) display system.
So, it was possible to use 16 colors in 640×480 resolution.
Various new tools and features have been introduced in this version of Windows.
For example, Excel, Word, CorelDraw and PageMaker.
Windows 2 introduced control panel for the first time.
Most of the important system settings and configuration options are kept in this control panel.
Windows 3.0 was resealed in 1990. This version of Windows was so successful that even in 2001 the demand for this version did not decrease.
The GUI system was also updated in this version and new icons were added.
This version required a computer hard drive.
Due to the presence of virtual memory, improved graphics and multitasking capabilities in this improved version, more copies of this OS version were sold than expected.
The very popular Windows game Solitaire was added for the first time in Windows 3.0 version.
Windows 3.1 version was released in 1992 with some more modern and advanced features.
In this version more importance was given to font functionality.
1MB of RAM was required to use this Windows 3.1 version.
Most interestingly, it was the first Windows OS to be distributed via a CD-ROM.
Multimedia functionality was supported in this version where external musical instruments and MIDI devices could be connected.
Launched in August 1995, this version of Windows was completely improved and modern compared to previous versions.
Windows start button and start menu were added in this version.
Win95 was the first MS operating system to support long filenames.
The main highlight of this OS was that it had 32-bit application support.
Means, different applications could be created and used only targeting this operating system.
Various new updates and features came in this Windows version.
Windows 98 was launched in 1998 by Microsoft.
FAT32, AGP, MMX, USB, DVD, ACPI etc. were available in this modern OS.
Special attention and importance was given to USB support in this version.
Back and forward navigation buttons were introduced in this version.
Microsoft Windows ME
Microsoft Windows ME was launched on September 14, 2000.
Windows millennium (ME) edition was the last Windows version to be built on top of the MS-DOS kernel for the last time.
Here, more focus is given on digital media and support is provided accordingly.
IE 5.5, Windows Media Player 7 and Windows Movie Maker were first seen in this version.
Windows 2000 is completely based on Microsoft's business-oriented system which is Windows NT.
In this version it was possible to plug and play multiple external devices together.
Later, 4 different versions of Windows 2000 were launched by Microsoft.
This very popular and still used Windows version was launched in 2001.
It is a very user-friendly OS that JK can use very easily.
In April 2014, the last update for Windows XP arrived.
OS theme is very interesting but kept simple in this version.
New visual look of Start menue and task bar, green start button, Vista wallpaper, various visual effects are seen in this Windows XP version.
Many modern features like built-in CD burning, autoplay etc. are seen in this version.
Windows Vista OS was launched by Microsoft in 2006 almost 5 years after the launch of XP.
The security system was very strong in this OS.
BitLocker driver encryption feature was provided here for data protection.
This version was not very user-friendly and was riddled with bugs.
So, this OS version was active for about 3 years.
However, in PC gaming, the performance was seen to be much better.
Because, this OS version had DirectX 10 technology.
Microsoft Windows 7 was released in October 2009.
This Windows version became the most popular and still many people prefer to use this OS.
While this OS looks attractive, it is much faster, stable and simple than the older versions.
Windows 7 is recognized as people's favorite Windows OS after Windows XP.
This OS version of Windows was launched in October 2012.
Windows 8 was different and modern compared to all previous versions.
Here, the start button and start menu have been completely changed.
Windows 8 has the ability to work much faster than the older Windows versions.
Here, support is provided for faster USB 3.0 devices.
Windows 10 was launched on 30 September 2014.
Windows 10 is the latest version of Windows which is completely modern and feature loaded OS.
There are many advantages of using Windows 10 compared to Windows 8.
Moreover, most of the laptops and desktop computers sold in the current market offer Windows 10.
Various different modes are given here.
For example, keyboard mode, mouse mode, tablet mode etc.
So I hope you have got to know about the different types of Windows.
What is computer programming?
Which Windows is better? Which version should I use?
See guys, the answer to this question is quite simple and easy.
You can use whichever Windows version you like.
But I suggest you to use “Windows 7” or “Windows 10”.
1. Windows 7 operating system will work very fast in any low hardware configuration system.
Moreover, Windows 7 includes modern features, visuals and software support.
Auto updates and security features can definitely be seen in this version of Windows.
2. Windows 10 is always the best for me.
Security, features, functions and software support are all here.
Moreover, advanced security and firewall options make this OS even more important.
Gaming, official work or entertainment Windows 10 is by far the best for me.
But keep in mind that your computer should have at least 4GB of RAM and a good dual-core or quad core processor to install Windows 10.
Otherwise, the computer may become somewhat slow or hang.
What is software? Its types
Advantages of Microsoft Windows – (Advantages of Windows OS)
Microsoft Windows has many advantages, some of which I will mention below.
• Easy to use – Using this operating system is a very easy task. The use of this OS has become much easier due to the various updates and changes made by Microsoft from time to time.
• Hardware support – Microsoft Windows hardware support is very good for any hardware device. As a result of being used more and more, any hardware companies make the driver software related to the hardware with Windows support.
• Gaming support – If you want to enjoy today's modern gaming, then Windows 10 is the best operating system for you. You can easily run the latest gaming essential hardware and software within Windows OS.
• Plug & play support – Basically we see this plug & play feature specially in Windows 10 OS. Because Windows has a lot of support for many hardware components. So, you can use different types of hardware by plugging it directly into your system.
• Easy to get – You can easily buy most versions of Microsoft Windows from any computer shop or online. Moreover, you can also download and use the free copy of Windows 10 from Microsoft's website.
Disadvantages of Windows
Windows operating system has many disadvantages as well as advantages.
• Price – The price of Microsoft Windows OS is much higher than other OS. So, it is not possible to use this OS for everyone.
• Security – Windows OS security is already being practiced a lot. It has been found that Windows OS is very easy to hack. Currently there are various advanced security options although the security question of this OS has always remained.
• Automatic updates – Currently, Windows OS automatically download and install updates using the Internet. It looks like a good thing but in some cases excessive internet usage and automatic system restart can annoy you.